Released

I finished part one of the book and the narrator was finally released from the detention center. She had been held there for numerous hours and none of the soldiers told why she was being detained. She runs home crying and fearing for her life. She is afraid that her family might be dead and that another war might be breaking out. Once she finally gets home, she walks in the door and her mother looks very angry, but she sees how upset the narrator is and her anger immediately turns into worry. However, her mother reassures her that everything is okay and that she has to stay positive and just forget about what happened, because that probably won’t be the last time something like that happens to her.

This makes me feel bad for the narrator because I have no idea what this feels like. I have never been taken somewhere by soldiers and held against my will for several hours straight. It just sounds so wrong to me and I feel remorseful that this is most likely an everyday struggle for her. However, it makes me feel good that her mother is very supportive of her and how she tries to always make sure that her daughter is safe, because that reminds me a lot of my mother. I have never realized the true struggles that people in other countries have to go through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Saving Grace

The Trek to Jordan

Leaving Shelter